Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Breathing Underwater

I can't believe it's been 4 months since my last post.... EEEKS!
Well, I'm going to try to get back to it here. I am learning that life in the Pacific Northwest during the summer months is hectic, magical, beautiful, and very social. Unlike my summer experiences growing up in California, where the perpetual sunshine left few seasonal markers, and the heat drove everyone indoors; summers in Seattle beckon the groggy winter nappers, soggy from the unending spring rains to dry off in the warmth of the sun. The sea and the flowers are stunning and with evening light until at least 10pm, the nights are filled with friends and music. Along with all of the socializing and get-aways, my summer also included attending my first births as a doula (I'll write more later), to hosting house guests half a dozen times, to saying goodbye to my husband's grandmother (more on that later, too), to traveling to DC to work on the Congo campaign... Yep, I've been learning how to breathe underwater.

1 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

welcome back tonya!

have been wondering how you've been and how your passion is fulfilling itself!?!? can't wait to hear more!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home