Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome 2006

Wow... the holidays, traveling, parties, and a nasty flu have had their way with me. Sorry for the long silence. I've missed my new blogger friends these past weeks, can't wait to catch up.
In the meantime, here is a poem to start this year out with:


The Healing Time

Finally on my way to yes
I bump into
all the places
where I said no
to my life
all the untended wounds
the red and purple scars
those hieroglyphs of pain
carved into my skin,
my bones,
those coded messages
that send me down
the wrong street
again and again
where I find them
the old wounds
the old misdirections
and I lift them
one by one
close to my heart
and I say holy
holy

-by Pesha Joyce Gertler, Seattleā€™s poet populist

3 Comments:

Blogger bobbie said...

oh that is beautiful, sacred even.

wonderful new year to you too tonya - pray you are feeling better and stronger!

3:38 AM  
Blogger kellie said...

Thank you for this! I wish you a year full of powerful steps toward your purpose.

10:30 PM  
Blogger steph said...

Beautiful words to breath in.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home